Just want to share...this past week end, I made some homebaked bagels...it's good! ( I don't sell bagels...lol)
It's really easy to make. Here's the RECIPE:
Bagel Dough ( I used the breadmachine )
1 C warm water ~ 80 deg F
1 1/2 TBSP Sugar
1 tsp Salt
3 C Bread Flour
2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
1 egg, beaten
Toppings ( optional):
Sesame seeds, Poppy seeds, etc.
1. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 pcs. Roll each into smooth ball, making a hole in the center of each with thumbs. Gently pull to make one inch hole.
2. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover & let rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until double in size.
3. In a saucepan, bring to a boil about 2 quarts water with 2TBSP sugar. Place a few bagels at a time in boiling water. Simmer 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with slotted spoon and put back on greased baking sheet.
4. Brush with egg and sprinkle with choice of toppings. Bake at preheated 400 deg F oven for 20-25 minutes or until done; cool on wire rack.
4. Brush with egg and sprinkle